The FSW design team kindly spared some time to have a quick discussion of where I am with the project. This proved a value experience to really up my game and get some crucial direction for the rest of the year. Both Scott and Josh are graduates from Loughborough, they have inside knowledge not only on the design front but how to manage the rest of the course. James is currently in the system too, he took over my position as the placement student. Philip the heart of FSW, who is a major inspiration and has given me great confidence and support to learn about the reality of the design world. I cannot praise him enough for the support he has given me throughout the months leading up to the submission
Main insights gained:
- Establish the clear problems with the helmet to tell a story
- Look at other progressive products, like the mini and footwear over the years.
- Really progress the styling and integrate the ventilation
- Look into the history of polo helmets, what has and has not changed over the year?
- Analysis and style cues of polo.
- Look in to “future tailoring” 3D scanning head for the perfect fit
- Clearly list all the USPs of the new design and how it solves the current problems.
Thanks guys! It was really helpful!